The bolted tanks are very versatile, and provide many benefits over competing designs such as welded steel, concrete, plastics and composites. Some important benefits will include:
- Flexible Sizing: The tank dimensions are flexible; the bolted tanks are customized for meeting the installation and capacity needs of any project or overcome site limitations.
- Different Applications: The bolted tanks are used in about any commercial, industrial, residential and rural application, from the small manufacturing facilities to municipal water systems, and full-scale sand plants and more.
- Simple to Repair: When any accessory or part on the bolted tank fails, it will easily get replaced and unbolted, not like other tanks that need extensive labor for repair.
- Expansion Possibilities: The bolted tanks will often get expanded to meet the increased storage requirements, and without any costs linked with adding the second tank.
- Decreased Shipping Costs: The bolted tanks come shipped disassembled, and reducing the shipping volume & costs.
- Quick Installation: The bolted steel tanks need one third of an installation time of the welded tank; this reduces the labor costs as well as allowing this tank to assemble in service much faster.
- Factory Finished: Sections of the bolted tank are made and finished offsite, decreasing installation labor, pollution, and waste and weather delays during the construction.
Unlike concrete or field-welded tanks that should be coated and sealed onsite, the bolted tanks generally come in the pre-finished sections. Every section is made at the environmentally-controlled manufacturing plant, where metal is formed & welded, and surface coating is been applied before there’s any corrosion happening. Bare metal gets coated with the zirconium and silica liquid seal, which inhibits corrosion & encourages adhesion of final surface coating that, is the epoxy powder coating, which is applied electrostatically and heat-cured for ensuring the durable and corrosion-free finish. As finishing work and metalwork are done at the manufacturing facility, there’s less pollution & waste involved in its finishing procedure.
In a few municipalities, the restrictions are placed at how and when these sealants will be applied, and leading to the delays and high compliance expenses. Without any onsite finishing needed, the bolted tanks are highly convenient & environmentally friendly. The bolted tanks are cost-effective, low-maintenance and durable alternative to concrete and welded steel tanks, and they are used for about any purpose, which includes storing water for village or town, and storing sand for the concrete factory.